Iconic Eyewear trading as Iconic Opticians is registered as a Private Limited Company with Companies House (Co number 09509230) and is also a registrant with Information Commissioner’s Office since March 2015.
What information we collect
We usually collect and store the following data from our patients securely:
- Full name
- Contact number (home and/or mobile)
- Age and Date of birth
- Email address (if provided)
- Medical history and medications
- Eye health
- Current work information, lifestyle and hobbies (taken during the Eye Examination)
- Records of your Fundus images
- Notes of the items you have purchased from us and the method of payment used during your visit
- Information you provide when you fill in forms on www.iconicopticians.com webpage when you decide to contact us
- Any other information voluntarily provided by you.
The above information is generally collected from you and would have been voluntarily provided by you during your contact with us. As Iconic Opticians have to adhere to strict regulations set by the NHS, we have to keep your medical records for a number of years.
How long do we keep your data
Taking the recommendation provided by the College of Optometrists we keep your records as follows:
- For an Adult we hold your records for 10 years after our last contact with you before we
- For Children under the age of 18 we will keep it until their 25th birthday, or 8
years after their death, whichever is the sooner, as required by the NHS.
How we share your data
We do not share any of your information with any third parties without your prior approvals.
Examples of prior approvals may include but not limited to:
- Healthcare professionals, including the NHS, when necessary
- Couriers who may deliver products directly to your home/office on our behalf
- Suppliers who may have run a competition to which you agreed to participate.
No medical records or information will be shared to any third parties and strict measures are placed to make sure data breach does not occur at the practice.
Your Rights explained
You have certain rights under UK Data Protection Legislation:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about how we collect and use your information.
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the date we hold about you. We will provide this information with a month, for no additional cost.
- Right to rectification: If an information we hold regarding you is incorrect and you would like us to amend it, we will do this within a month. Please note when it comes to a medical information we reserve the right to review before agreeing to your request.
- Right of erasure: If you want us to delete your personal date, we will comply if there is no reason to continue holding the data. Please note we do not delete healthcare data before the usual time frame, as explained on “How long do we keep your data”
Updating your Preferences
In order to continue to provide you with an efficient Eye healthcare, we will need to contact you by post, email or by text messages for instances such as informing you when you are due an Eye Examination or when your product is ready for collection.
If for any reason you would like to opt out of this, you can speak to us and we will make sure no contact is made in the future.
Securing your data
We have put in place all necessary security measures to prevent your data being lost, or accessed by anyone unauthorised. We limit access to your personal data to employees who have read the necessary documents provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office and understand the
need to protect data. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Updated 9th of June 2020